We are pleased to welcome Milan & Kay Yerkovich West Michigan!
The Yerkovich’s were recent guests on Focus on the Family and make their home in Southern California. Milan is a weekly talk show host on the New Life Live! radio program, as well as an ordained pastor with a master’s degree in Biblical Studies. Kay is a licensed marriage and family therapist with a master’s degree in counseling. The Yerkovich’s have been married more than 35 years and are the parents of 4 adult children.
Our early life experiences, for better or worse, teach us how to love. Stumbling over the same irksome “dance steps” in their relationships, people usually have no clue there’s another way – a better way. Using attachment theory, experts Milan and Kay Yerkovich have created the tools to take your relationships to the next level.
The Therapist Training is open to everyone who desires to help others.
Attendees will be:
- Prepared to use a diagnostic question (the revealing question) during couple’s therapy to determine levels of emotional connection within each partner’s family of origin.
- Able to articulate the history of attachment theory and rationale for using a model that recognizes five injurious attachment styles that impair intimacy in couple relationships.
- Able to describe at least five circumstances that might interrupt the bonding process between a child and his or her parents.
- Able to list one or more characteristics of how individuals with each attachment style will present in couples therapy.
- Able to describe how some Personality Disorders are correlated to attachment injuries.
- Able to state six common patterns of interactions (core patterns) that occur when couples with different attachment styles relate.
- Able to explain the cultural implications of Attachment Theory to better manage diverse populations.
Therapists will be able to identify and articulate their own attachment style and how it might influence the therapeutic relationship.
Attendee will understand how to identify couples’ triggers and teach their clients how to identify the childhood wounds that fuel each partner’s intense reactions in the present.
Friday, October 18, 2013
9:00 am -4:00 pm
Bridge To Life Ministries: 17194 Van Wagoner Rd, Spring Lake, MI 49456
There are multiple restaurants close by our office. We will have a map
to help you make your choice.
Hotels In The Area:
Holiday Inn Spring Lake
940 West Savidge Street – Spring Lake, MI 49456
Comfort Inn Muskegon
1675 East Sherman Boulevard – Muskegon, MI 49442
Baymont Inn And Suites Muskegon
4677 Harvey Road – Muskegon, MI 49441
Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Muskegon Norton Shores
1520 Mount Garfield – Norton Shores, MI 49442
Best Western Beacon Inn
1525 South Beacon Boulevard – Grand Haven, MI 49417
Days Inn Grand Haven
1500 Beacon Boulevard – Grand Haven, MI 49417
Shoreline Inn and Conference Center An Ascend Collection Hotel
750 Terrace Point Road – Muskegon, MI 49440
Holiday Inn Muskegon Harbor
939 3rd Street – Muskegon, MI 49440
$75 per ticket – Take advantage of Early Registration Price of just $65 per ticket till September 18!
Register today for the early registration discount: $65 – per ticket
Click image to print this poster of event information!